Here’s what you may have missed on the Finance Addict this week. Also check out our GIF of the Week after the jump!
- Risky repos rear their head and threaten us all. Looks like there’s a storm brewing in the U.S. repo markets.
- Why Dodd-Frank has already failed. Here’s why Dodd-Frank is irredeemably flawed and won’t do enough to protect our economy from troubled financial institutions.
- The Super Bowl & general ad spend: bullish indicator? Super Bowl commercials, and ad spending in general, are great economic indicators since ad budgets are usually the first to go in a downturn.
- The saga of Maiden Lane II. Nothing better captures the bailout dilemma than the saga of Maiden Lane II.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac to really leave the stage? Can we realistically abolish Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac’s central role in the housing market? What are the implications?
- Of fallen angels and demons restored. Alan Greenspan is a fallen angel. Who else do you think will go from hero to zero, and vice versa, when we look back again?
GIF of the week
Category: Weekend wrap-up